Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy Bloggy Birthday!!!!!!!

That's right.  My blog is one year old!  Can you even believe it?  I can't!  It's been fun, challenging, stretching, exciting, and rewarding.  I didn't start blogging every day until a few weeks into it, but even with that and two different vacations (one to Vegas, one last minute break that sent people into a frenzy) I blogged 338 out of 365 days.  Not bad huh? :)  I hope you've loved every single minute of it.

When I started, I wasn't quite sure how this whole blogging thing was going to work.  You may remember from my very first post that I said you may read about cooking, crafts, bragging about my husband, funny stories, pet peeves, decorating, books I've read, ways to save money, refurbishing items and all things related to kids.  I said "you may read", because quite frankly, I had no idea how things were going to go.  However, I'm pretty sure I covered almost all of those things and some.  My goal was to be a little bit fun and a little bit informative.  Hopefully you have experienced both of those things.

So as a way to celebrate my one year, I thought we'd take a brief look back at what we've done here.

Lunch made fun with Muffin Tin Mondays

A heart to heart post about teaching, and "Do I miss it?"

Fun fall tree art

THE best banana bread recipe EVER!




Funny open letter to those concerned about if and when I'll have a baby. :)






My many changing centerpieces

(That's for you Erica! :)





All that and so much more!!!  It was fun to look back.  Going through my blog and looking at all the old posts was still fun to me and a little inspiring as well.  Hopefully I can keep on keeping on.  Happy Birthday The Many Layers...,  Happy Birthday!

2 comments: