Saturday, October 3, 2009

Baby Wipes Carrier

I carry a to-go baby wipe case every day when I'm with Little Man.  He hasn't been in diapers for a quite a while now, but baby wipes come in handy for everything.  My cousin recently had a baby shower and I wanted to get her some things that I love.  Well, the case I use is just a cheap $2 one from Babies R Us.  I got my cousin the same one, but after thinking about it I decided to fancy it up a bit.  I've seen similar things selling on etsy for $30 and figured, "what the heck, I can do that!"  (Honestly, it was a little harder than I thought and ended up doing the bottom two times, but still fun to be crafty.)

So the day before the shower (yes, I'm crazy), I set out to working on the project during nap time.

Here's what I used.  A remnant of some sort of cushy fabric that I used as a batting of sorts, a glue gun with glue, ribbon, fabric, and fabric paint.






Here's the two cases, the one I use every day, and the new one for my cousin.






Because I wasn't planning on covering it when I bought it, I bought one that you could see through and also that had raised pictures at the top.  This is why I used the "batting".  I glued everything on with the glue gun.








Then I cut a piece down to size.  I did the top and bottom separate.







I glued one side at a time so the glue wouldn't dry on me.  I only burned my hand once! :)








Here's the bottom all done, except for the ribbon...







Here's me working on adding the top.









Then I added the ribbon.







 My cousin is having twin boys and both of their names start with a "J".  I printed off a fun "J" from the internet and used it as a template.








Unfortunately, my camera battery died after that.  This darn blogging is giving my camera a run for it's money!  Anyway, I cut out the "J" from a dark blue fabric I bought.  I glued it to the top, outlined it with sparkly fabric paint.  I made the little clouds coming out of the train sparkle too.

I forgot to take a picture after my camera battery was charged.  Here is a picture from my phone.  It isn't dry in this picture, so the white actually turns to clear glitter.  Do you love it?  I do!


2 comments: