Monday, August 30, 2010

Dear Fall, Please Come Soon!

It is going to be in the 90's AGAIN this week.  I mean, seriously?  Haven't we had enough?  I live in the north for crying out loud!  We have had 16 days of temps over 90 degrees... and now we are going to have at least 4 more.  What?  Oh... and we've had 21 days of temps either 88 or 89 degrees!!  I mean, let's face it, 88 or 89 degrees is basically over 90 with the heat index and humidity.  Ugh!  That is 37 freaking days of sweltering heat and now we have to have 4 more.  Yep.  I'm whining!
Don't get me wrong.  I love summer.  I love all four seasons.  (Yes, even winter).  It's one of the reasons I like living in the north.  Each season brings change.  Each season has beauty in it's own right.  I love them all.  Really, I do.  It's just that when it gets to the end of a season, I am ready for the next.  Especially after melting for months and sweating in places that I didn't even know could sweat! :)

I'm ready for fall.  Now. 

I'm ready for some Ohio State football.

I'm ready for preschool to start.

I'm ready for leaves of many colors.

I'm ready to trade in the shorts and tank tops for jeans and sweaters.

I'm ready for pumpkin decorations, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin and spice candles.  
I'm ready to go pumpkin picking and take a hay ride.

I'm just ready for fall.  How about you?

3 comments:

  1. No . . . I want summer to stay longer ~ it already seems way too short! :-(

    Love ya B!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here.... I would like summer,( not the 90 degree days,) to stay around a bit longer. This has been an UNSEASONABLY warm summer.... I could have done without that, but we made the most of it. Fall just means that winter is right around the corner... boo snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M SOOOOO READY!!!! Fall is my favorite season and I want it here...NOW. I was thinking of putting up my Fall decorations this weekend...just so I can feel like fall in my house. put our my pumpkin spice air freshners and yes anything pumpkin w/ drink or desserts sound great right now...I'm never a fan of summer...my body isn't mean to wear tank tops and shorts...it needs to be covered up! Can't wait...so I'm with you on this one!

    ReplyDelete