Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Garland Tree

Remember "craft day"?  Well, I made myself a tree.  While perusing the aisles of Jo Ann's, I found this garland that I really liked.


It's the really neat color... not quite silver, not quite gold.
It was on sale for $5, and I knew it would make a perfect tree.

I picked up one of these for $3.


Ok, I'll be honest. I really, really, really wanted to cover it with a red feather boa I found.  I would have looked a-maze-ing.  Unfortunately, I would have needed at least two feather boas and they were $7 a piece.  That's not quite a deal.  I wanted to do a craft to save money.  So I carried on with the flower garland.

I brought it home and popped all the little flowers off of the garland.  It was really easy.  Sorry.  I was so in "craft mode" that I forgot to take pictures of this.

Then I just added a little hot glue to the ends of the flowers and inserted them into the cone one at a time.


(Please excuse the mess in the background.  It was craft day afterall.)

The finished product...

I love it!

3 comments: