Saturday, August 7, 2010

Debt Update

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you may remember all my Monday posts at the beginning of the year.  I did a mini series on "Stretching your dollar".  The last post I made was about using a visual.  I shared with you the visual we use and also where we were at with our debt.  It looked a little something like this...
I also said that I would check in with you every few months and let you know how it's going.  Well.... just a few short weeks after I posted that is when Michael lost his job.  You may also remember that our goal was to be debt free by the first of next year.  At this point, the "debt as of today" should have been about $10,000 less, if not more.  Of course, that's just not the case.  But that's life.  It happens.  It's unpredictable.  I'm all about keeping it real (as you know), so here's what our visual looks like as of today.
It's not $10,000 less, but we've paid off over $16,000 since the year began.  That's not anything to be ashamed of.  Actually, I'm pretty proud and happy about that.

At this point, it's not looking like we will reach our goal.  Currently, to be able to send Michael to school and not incur any more debt along the way, all of our extra money is going into savings and paying for his tuition and books.  BUT, you just never know.  Things change around here all the time.  Also, I'm not putting God in any kind of box.  He's been faithful and blessed us in many ways already.  I'm not going to put it past Him to have some other plan to get this debt paid off! :)

I'll keep updating as I said.  Hopefully in a few months there is a bigger dent!

No comments:

Post a Comment