Thursday, July 1, 2010

Abstract Stars and Stripes

It's time for a Fourth of July art project!  We went sort of simple and abstract this time around.

The supplies
Paint, construction paper, sponges, glitter, and something to put the paint in.

First, I just had him add "stripes".  I think he wanted to go straight across as a flag would look at first, but I told him it didn't have to look like a flag.  We talked about the colors of the flag, that it has stars and stripes, and how many stars and stripes the flag has.  (This was all review from preschool.)

After he filled up the page with stripes, we let it sit and dry for a bit.  Then it was time to add some stars!
A smaller star sponge probably would have been better, but I just used what I already had on hand.

Little Man chose to stop after five stars.  I thought it was a good choice! :)

Then it was time for Little Man's favorite... "parkles" (also known as glitter).

The finished product...
Very patriotic.  I love it!

1 comment: