Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ham and Cheese Calzones

I have no clue where I got this recipe from, but it's a quick and easy one.

What you'll need
1 10 oz can of pizza dough
1/2 cup ricotta
3 oz pepperoni
1 c diced ham, fully cooked
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
dried basil (optional)
spaghetti sauce (optional)

Sorry, I had already started rolling the pizza dough out before I took the picture above! :)

Unroll the crust, stretch it out into a 14 x 11 rectangle (I rolled it out with my pampered chef tool).

Spread ricotta on half of the dough, lengthwise, within 1 inch from the edge.  I didn't measure.  I probably used a little more than the called for half a cup.

Put pepperoni on

Then ham

then cheese

Fold unfilled side over the filled side and press the edges together

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and basil and serve with spaghetti sauce--I skipped that part this time.

Also, sorry, but I have no pictures of it out of the oven.  Oops!  Michael got it out of the oven for me, cut it, and served it to me and I completely forgot to take pictures for the blog.  Oh well.  We all know what a calzone looks like, don't we! ? :)

I think you could try all sorts of ingredients on the inside.  So far, I've only followed the recipe.  But one of these days I may get courageous!

No comments:

Post a Comment