Thursday, August 5, 2010

List o' fun--The Little Gym

We have been going to The Little Gym ever since I started working with Little Man.  That was two years ago and he was two and a half.  We have loved it.  Little Man has always been very strong, had good mobility, good motor skills, and good balance.  Even so, we noticed (especially the first year or so) that The Little Gym has really helped in these areas.

For kids under 3, it is a mommy and me type thing and I went in with him every time.  After age 3, they go in on their own, but there is a seating area with walls of windows to watch.  The classes are 45 minutes for the younger ones and one hour for the classes of kids ages 3 and up.


 They do a session for each of the seasons.  We generally take the summer session off, but if cost is an issue with you, I would suggest doing the summer session.  It's the shortest one.

They provide other services too, besides just gymnastics classes.   They have dance, cheerleading, karate, and sports development classes.  They also do birthday parties (which I've heard are great and they do everything for you!).  Once a month they have a parent's night out.  This is where you can just drop your kid off for a few hours, go on a date, and come back and pick them up later.  It's nice, because if your kids are already enrolled in the classes, they are use to their teachers.  Plus, what kid wouldn't like to play at TLG for a few hours?

There are other gymnastics type places--Gymboree, My Gym, Buckeye Gymanstics, Integrity Gymanstics--to name a few.  I was referred to TLG from the start and both Little Man and I loved it, so we've stayed.  I was actually thinking of stopping now that he is four and a half and our schedule is filling up with preschool and other activities, but he asks me at least once a week when it's starting up again.  Oh well, it can't hurt! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment