Friday, August 20, 2010

Five for Friday

 ONE
 
President Obama was in town on Wednesday.  Little Man and I happened to be downtown at the Art Museum and were heading home at the same time he happened to be headed downtown.  We were traveling on 71 North when I noticed there was no traffic on the other side of the highway.  Then all of the sudden there were tons and tons of police cars and police motorcycles.  Eventually we saw the president's car along with a few other similar cars.  Little Man noticed the flags immediately.  It was pretty cool to at least be able to see and to be able to explain it to Little Man.  We went home and played "president" with his cars and motorcycles. :)
 
 TWO
 Well, it's about that time.  I've noticed that the summer is A LOT longer when you aren't a teacher.  Most teacher's have been working in their classrooms for weeks.  School starts next week and most teachers around here are reporting for teacher work day tomorrow.  Little Man doesn't start preschool for another three weeks and I haven't been doing anything different the last few weeks--still going to parks and movies and bowling and such.  Yes, summer is much longer when you aren't a teacher.

THREE
No new car has been purchased yet, but hopefully soon.  We have done our homework on the Consumer Reports website and are confident in our decision.  (Although, I still would love a Volvo XC90 like I drive at work--but it bombed on Consumer Reports, so we can't risk it!  At least I still have it 5 days a week!)

FOUR
I have a confession... Watching The Real Housewives shows is a guilty pleasure of mine.  I don't watch all of them, but most of them.  I absolutely LOVE Bethenny Frankel from The Real Housewives of New York City.  I also love her show Bethenny Gets Married?  She just cracks me up... and keeps it real.  (Ok, she can be vulgar, but she's working on it! :)  Anyway, she's going to be at the Health Expo in Columbus this weekend.  Guess who is going?! Heck yes! It's me!!  I'll let you know if I get any stalker pictures or autographs! :)

FIVE
I have somehow got bamboozled into being the (co)room mom for Little Man's preschool class this next year.  Actually, K got bamboozled into it (long story) and then started talking about how "we" are the room mom and this is the list of "our" responsibilities.  Ok... so room mom I am.  Hope no one minds that I'm not actually a MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment