Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Too Much Brown

It's no secret that birds scare me.  My "adopted" parents have one and I scream every time it tries to land on me.  I realize that it is small and there is nothing it can do to me, but I can't help it.  It's a natural reaction.

Oddly, I am drawn to bird type decorations.  For example, remember the clock I bought?


 I recently bought something else that sort of went with the bird theme.
 What do you think?  I love it.

I bought it knowing that I was going to paint it.  There was too much brown going on with our already brown (and totally outdated) entertainment center.  So I bought Antique White spray paint and went to town.  However... I have no place to spray paint.  So I made a little make shift place on my front step.

I lightly sprayed it.  I didn't want it completely white.

Then I took some of this
and put it on a paper towel.  
Then I gently rubbed some of the paint off.  

  I did the same thing to the clock.  It was too dark to be in the entertainment center.

I think it turned out alright.  It wasn't exactly how I thought it would turn out, but it works.

2 comments:

  1. I dig it... why don't you paint the entertainment center and change the hardware...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about painting the entertainment center, but it seems like a lot of work! :) Plus, I want to eventually paint it for a kids play room or something, and I don't want twelve layers of paint on it. BUT... the thought to paint it does cross my mind often!

    ReplyDelete