Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Carmelized Garlic Chicken

Ok, so if you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know that I'm trying to eat healthier.  This following recipe is not healthy.  Just thought I'd warn you! :)  However, it is one of Michael's favorites.  He's been hinting at wanting me to make it for a while.  I finally broke down and did it.  I figured he has to live with my fat rolls just as much as I do! lol!  It is pretty yummy, so I wasn't complaining!

What you'll need
1 pound of chicken--you are suppose to use 4 breasts, but I used tenders because that is what I had.
1 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp pepper
1 T oil
4 to 6 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c heavy cream

Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper

In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until almost smoking
Add the chicken and garlic to the pan.  Brown first side for about 5 minutes.

Flip the chicken and brown the other side for about 3 minutes (until no longer pink)

Remove the chicken from the pan and add the brown sugar
Allow the brown sugar to melt 1/2 way and add the cream
Bring to a bubble and add chicken to the pan

Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes
I actually remembered about half way through that I doubled the sauce recipe in the past (brown sugar and cream).  You may want to do this as well.  The sauce is SO yummy.  It doesn't really taste like garlic at all.  It's more of a caramel taste.  The recipe said serve over rice or noodles.  The sauce is good over that as well.

I serve mine with egg noodles.

YUM!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. those egg noodles and asparagus is making my mouth water!

    Hey Biffy, have you checked out The Tasty Kitchen--The Pioneer Woman's spin off website? I'm finding some freaking amazing recipes and you should post some of yours!!!

    ok...i miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. or is it "are making my mouth water" hmmm...grammar check!

    ReplyDelete