Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Parade of Homes

We went to the Parade of Homes this weekend.  I find that kind of thing fun.  We went last year too.  I like to look at floor plans, get decorating ideas, and just dream of what could be. :)

This year it was in New Albany (which is the city I live in), so it was super close.  It only had 8 houses, which I think was considerably less than last years.  I actually found myself disliking more than I liked, but I tend to have specific tastes.

For example, black paint in the dining room?  Umm, no thank you!

I'm also not really a fan of this stone wall in the bathroom.

This was a wall in a living room.  I don't even know what material it is, but I don't like it!

This picture speaks for itself I think...

Stripper pole?  Really?

I did like this kids craft/work space.  It was at the top of the stairs, sort of like an enclosed loft.

I'm also a big fan of this type of shelving in a mudroom

This clock lighting thing was pretty cool

Guess what else I saw???  AIR PLANTS!!!  Totally ahead of the game on that one! ;)

I thought this was a good layout for a teenage girls room.  Plus, I liked the pillows.

One of my favorite kitchens (don't mind the people)

I've heard and said multiple times (cough, cough Ang) that there are three rooms where you can go super bold... a bathroom, a dining room, and a laundry room.  I really liked the color in this laundry room.
Michael and I both really liked the layout of this library.  The reading/book space is first and then the office space is separated and in the back.

Mirrors on a window that looked out to a private balcony off of the master bath.

Princess room?  Who wouldn't want a hideaway space like that?

This play room was so cute!

This was on a bulletin board about I don't even know what... some small business thing.  I thought it was funny.  If you are from around here, you'll get it.

There were lots of laundry rooms I liked too... they were huge!  It was just too much to capture on camera.

Some things I wasn't sure about were...
It's cute and all, but how realistic is it?  and what is the longevity of it?

This bedroom was on a second floor and then had it's own loft and another huge room.
It's a good idea... in theory.  But you have to go up THESE stairs (along with all your furniture)
 Yeah, probably not.

There was so much to see.  I obviously couldn't take pictures of everything.  Plus, people were always in my way.  It's still going on until Sunday though, so if you are local and want to check it out, there is still time.  Or you can check out the houses here.

1 comment:

  1. ok those first few photos...scary. I'm soooo not a modern person w/ the style, the stone? the faux paint finish, the metal on the walls, the stripper pole??!! oh my word and the carousel in the kids rooms? some people waste money...but that kitchen...oh that kitchen! that's what dreams are made of! looks like you had fun! i love doing that sort of thing too!!!

    ReplyDelete