Wednesday, November 11, 2009

An open letter to the concerned

Dear Concerned,

Thank you for your heartfelt love and concern for me.  I do appreciate you wanting what is best for me.  However, you do not need to tell me, every time you see me, how I need to jump on the baby train.  You also do not need to remind me of all the medical issues other women in our family have faced.  You also do not need to remind me how close I am to 30 (40 days to be exact).  Also, I'm not sure it's really necessary for you to let me know that I am "no spring chicken".  I get it.  Trust me.

As much as I would love to have a child, we are not at that point yet.  Yes, I know.  No one is ever financially ready for a child.  I get that as well.  It has always been my desire to stay home with my child if and when I have one.  At this point, I would not be able to do that.  Also, we live in a ONE BEDROOM condo.  As much as you would like to tell me that we could have a baby here, I disagree.

All that to say---I'm here to make a deal.  I see it as a win-win situation.  You will be happy that I am having a baby, and I will be happy to be having a baby.  Here it is...  if you would like to pay off all of my student loans, I will start trying to get pregnant tomorrow.  Isn't that great?  I mean, I could potentially have a baby in my arms by next fall.  What do you say?  Are you in?  It's just a mere $30,000.

If you are not willing to pay off said student loans, can we make another deal?  How about you let my husband and I make the best decision possible for us and our future family?  Please?  Please.

Sincerely,
Your "not so spring" spring chicken

2 comments: