Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Grandparent gifts

Nana and Papa are a big part of Little Man's life, so we try to do all sorts of fun things for them.  Last year we made them this for Christmas.


 
Cute right?  This was not my idea.  It's all over the internet, so I'm not sure who's idea it really was.
It was rather simple too.  You paint the child's four fingers and top of the palm with white paint.
You place the ornament in the hand to make it look like snowmen. 
I chose blue because I thought it looked the best...like a night's sky.  It wasn't exactly the color I wanted, but it worked (and it was on sale!).  I actually bought an entire box, and I'm glad I did.  I gave some to Nana and Papa, some to mom and dad, and kept one for myself (and a few in the trash that we mess up on!).
The decorations were made with paint pens.  I also wrote Little Man's name and year on the back.

This year, we made Nana and Papa this
 
 Remember the silhouette I made for K and G?
Well, I took the same picture I had printed out and traced it onto contact paper.
Then I put the contact paper on a canvas and had Little Man go to town with paints.
The contact paper didn't stick as well as I would have liked, but it did the trick.
I just used a baby wipe to clean up the two little areas that had a small smudge/leak.
Little Man had SO much fun making this, and I know Nana and Papa are just going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment