Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas decorations

So it seems everyone in bloggy world is showing their Christmas decorations/trees this week.  Why not join in the fun?  I've already shown you some of my decorations.  Remember the Noel letters, the garland tree, the centerpiece, and the ribbon card display?!

Well, I don't have a ton of decorations besides that.  Our condo is only 1000 square feet, so there aren't a ton of places to put decorations.

I have a few random snowmen figurines.
For some reason, I'm just drawn to the snowmen. :)


A marine nutcracker in honor of my husband
(next to the ridiculous plant my sister gave me to take care of!)


and our stockings... hung off the entertainment center because we don't have a fireplace
Also, it's hard to see, but there are two silver reindeer too, which both Michael and I love


I also have ornaments in random places
(I bought them to make a wreath, but they have cheap tops and couldn't fit on the hanger)



and, of course, my tree!
When I first moved out on my own seven years ago, I was so excited to have my own grown up tree.
I knew I wanted to have white lights.  I also wanted a red and silver theme.
Somewhere along the way I've added a little gold and a little white in the ornaments.
I love it!




Here's a picture with the flash.  It's not all warm and glowy, but you can get a good look at the gifts and nativity at the bottom.


 

Pretty right?  Well, Michael wasn't as pleased.  He really wanted colored lights.
So after hearing about it for two years... I went out last year and bought him his own tree.
It has colored lights.  LOTS of colored lights (pre-lit with an extra strand!), and lots of colorful ornaments.



Man, I'm such a good wife! :)

2 comments:

  1. HA! That's funny - I wanted white lights and have mostly red ornaments too... until Justin came along. He also thought he had to have colored lights and all random mis-matched ornaments of all kinds... but we have no second tree.. I just had to give in and now it's a jumbled mess of color! :)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That plan is NOT ridiculous! You needed a little greenery . . . and I needed a home for the pant. :-)

    ReplyDelete