Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Traditions


I'm a big "traditions" girl.  I love having traditions and keeping them every year.  Even though this is the case... we hardly have any traditions at all.  So sad.  I'd like to change that.  Every year I think about making ones, but have yet to really do so.  You know--like making the same breakfast Christmas morning, or going to a movie, or driving around to see the lights.  Is it because we don't have kids yet?  I hope that's the case.  I really want my kids to have Christmas traditions to do and look forward to every year.

Don't get me wrong.  We do have some of the same things we do every year.  We go to Michael's dad's side for Christmas eve lunch.  Michael and I open our gifts and do our own Christmas on Christmas eve night.  We go to his grandma's (mom's side) for Christmas day, and then hang out at my sisters Christmas night.  But these aren't really "traditions" per se.

One thing I have started is to get a Christmas movie every year.  I'd like to have a good collection of movies, and what better way to collect them.  This is our third (married) Christmas together.  So far we have

Elf

and
The Polar Express
Any suggestions for this year's movie??
What are your Christmas traditions??

1 comment:

  1. WHITE CHRISTMAS is a MUST and my personal favorite. It is part of our family tradition. = ) We always watch it together. = ) - Kim B

    ReplyDelete