Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Nana and Papa Plaques

Ok, so this may seem a bit strange, but I made Nana and Papa a gift from me too.  I don't think most nannies make/give their bosses parents a gift for Christmas.  Sure, they may have the kids make something (using the parent's money, of course), but nothing from themselves.  My situation is a little different.  Nana and Papa are a big part of the equation in my job.  They live a few miles down the road and are there to help out whenever they are needed.  They come at least one time a week (but usually 2 times) and let me go home early.  If I need to leave work early for a dentist appointment, they help me out.  Once I had to go to a funeral, and it was Nana who covered for me.  Not only do they help me out, but they genuinely love talking with me...and not just all about Little Man either.  I am part of their family.  They tell me often how much they appreciate me and the level of care I give to Little Man.  They are like my co-workers, but also my friends! :)

I wanted to get them something this year as a gift from me.  Of course, I have no idea what they want or need and at this point in their life, it's probably not much.  But what grandparent doesn't love to receive something featuring their (favorite) grandchild?!

So I made them these... I think they turned out fan-freaking-tastic!
(Again-sorry about the picture quality.  My camera sucks!
Don't worry though--I got a new one.  More on that in another post!)

(As much as I would LOVE to show you Little Man's stinkin' adorable face, it is blurred out for privacy reasons.)

Remember, you can always click on the picture to see a bigger view, but here are some of the details.


 

Here's Papa's...


 
 

As you can imagine, these were a HUGE hit.  Nana and Papa just gushed over them when they opened them.  Then I got an email from K saying I had done way too much and she couldn't believe how great the frames were.  She also said that Papa was putting his in his work office and that was a "very, very big deal" because nothing every got taken in to the office.  Yay for success! :)

1 comment:

  1. These are a great idea and they turned out beautiful! What Nana or Papa wouldn't love them! I'd love to know how you did it ~ is this just layers or a deep frame {like a shadowbox}? It's got such dimension to it, I can't tell!

    ReplyDelete