Sunday, December 27, 2009

Family Frame

Here's another homemade gift for my sister.  She wants to do a collage of pictures going up her staircase.  She saw an idea of this with some of the vinyl letters that say something about "family".  I decided to play off this idea and make her a fun frame.  Sh can put it in the middle of all her family pictures, or she can put it in a totally different place in her house.  It doesn't matter to me.  I just think it's cute and I had a blast making it! :)

I was having some trouble getting a good picture of it (old crappy camera), so I'm just going to put a few up here.  You can get the idea.  I did try to take a picture of each square, but my camera was not cooperating.  You can always click on the pictures if you want to see the details better.


 
 
 
I used ribbons, buttons, jewels, stickers with sayings of "family" on them and scrapbook paper.

8 comments:

  1. I love it!! When I get all my pictures together, you can help me arrange it on the wall!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you use double sided tape to stick them to the glass or is there something else on the market. love the idea, thanks
    angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one too - oh, and I'm totally not a "blog stalker"!

    When she's ready for her vinyl, tell her to look me up!

    Love all the colors on this one -

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful...and I agree...how did you get the the items to stick? Stopped by from DIY/A Soft Place to Land

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and so personnel. I twould make a great gift. THANKS FOR SHARING AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK--I'm not sure what the proper blogging rules are, so hopefully those who asked the questions come back to look for the answers here??? I'm not sure. Anyway, I used those little double sided photo squares to stick the stuff on to the glass.

    Thanks for all the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is WAY Too CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for answer...I didn't know there were blogging rules for answer questions either...hope i didn't break one...Thanks again your work is wonderful

    ReplyDelete