Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas card display

The past few years I've just taped our Christmas cards to the banister in our kitchen.  It was cute enough, but between Christmas cards and birthday cards (for two) I generally ran out of room.

Sure, I could have bought one of those wire card hanger things, but how fun is that?  I've seen a lot of blogs with decorated clothespins for various reasons.  It got me thinking.  This is what I came up with.

First, I bought a pack of clothespins for $1.64 or something like that.  I used some of my Christmas scrapbook paper and mod podged it on to the clothespins.  I painted a few (just because I had the paint out for another project).
 

 
 

Then I used some thumb tacks and attached the ribbon to my laundry room door.


Then I attached the cards

 
I think it will look even better once all the cards start rolling in.
Simple. Cheap. Cute enough

No comments:

Post a Comment