Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas re-cap

Man, I had a great Christmas.  I sure hope you did as well.  We actually had FIVE Christmases, and I had a good time at each one.  We got to enjoy so many fun, lively, hilarious, and special moments with our families.  We are blessed beyond measure, and we don't take that lightly or forget.

I realize Christmas isn't all about the gifts, but since I shared my birthday and Christmas wish list with you a few weeks ago, I thought I'd let you know what I got.  Plus, for the sake of blogging... I'm sure you'd all rather know the fun and exciting gifts I got as opposed to a detailed account of all five Christmases--most of which were with people you don't even know! :)

I'm pleased to say that I got almost everything on my list AND some.  I know, I know... spoiled. :)  Ok, so I didn't get the house or the craft room, but I knew going into it that those were pretty lofty dreams.  Remember a few months ago when I was trying to come up with a list and had no ideas?  I really didn't need anything in the truest sense of the word, but I sure am happy to get a few of my wants.

I got the Pioneer Woman's cookbook I wanted, along with the Karen Kingsbury book. (Yes, I got the book on CD for my birthday.  I will probably exchange one for more books!)  On top of that, I had asked Michael for a few more books and got three others from some of my favorite Christian fiction authors.

I also got the label maker

The basic set of the Willow Tree Nativity


Supplies for the laminator

The Pottery Barn keys

Two non-stick pans 

A Starbucks gift card

A Walmart gift card


Also, after I made my original post, I had decided there were a few more things I wanted.  I made Michael his very own Amazon wish list. (Some of the above items were from him too!)
He got me a Cuttlebug
 
and 8 different embossing folders for it



I also got the embossing heat tool.

Plus, my friend Kristin and I decided to not exchange gifts, but decided to spend a day together getting pampered.  We went out to lunch and then had a fabulous manicure and pedicure at Charles Penzone.

I also got a Kohl's gift card

and a Mailbox Magazine subscription

Bob Evan's and Olive Garden gift cards

 food items (mug w/ hot chocolate, fancy choc. covered almonds)
 
Between a few different people I got about $120 in cash

And from the bosses I got a ridiculously soft fur throw,
$100 to Brio
 And a suh-weet Christmas bonus .

Man..... I raked it in this year! :)  30 had been good to me!! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment