Friday, December 11, 2009

White Trash

No, I'm not talking down about someone who may or may not be a redneck.  I'm talking about one of the best Christmas treats ever.  My aunt has been making this for years and years, and I have been making it for friends for the last five.  It's always a HUGE hit.  I guess it could also be called Christmas crack.  It's seriously that addicting.  It's super easy to make too.

First, you need a very large bowl.  I bought this bowl just for the annual white trash making.


The line up:
2 cups mini pretzels
5 cups cherrios
5 cups corn chex
2 cups salted peanuts
1 lb M&M's
2 pkgs (12 oz) white chocolate chips
3 tbsp veg. oil

Throw the first five ingredients into the bowl
(I use pretzel sticks and just break them in half)


Put the white chocolate chips in a bowl and mix with 3 T veg. oil

Microwave for 2 minutes and stir.

Then pour over the mix and stir


It will look something like this when done
 

Then spread it out in a thin layer on foil or wax paper


Let it sit for a while and dry.  Then break it up into small pieces. 
I just roll the foil up to help break it.  It keeps my hands clean too. :)


BEWARE, you will end up with a lot!
Like... a large bowl for my cookie exchange party.
And... a bowl to take to my bosses and Little Man.
And... a bowl for Michael to take to work because some random guy at his work is asking about it.
And... a bowl to take to my husband immediately.
And... an extra bag to replenish supplies as needed.

WARNING: This snack WILL be hazardous to your health, but will be so worth it.

2 comments: