Friday, December 4, 2009

So annoyed

Pardon the interruption... I am going to take a break from "regularly scheduled blogging" to vent.  I am SO ANNOYED right now. 

As many of you know, we live in a condo.  As many of you also know, I have a phobia of cats.  Well, in this lovely condo community that I live in, both my neighbors have decided that it is a good idea to have a cat.  Not only do they have a cat (yuck), but they allow their cats to be outside.  One cat (Brutus) is out quite a bit.  For some reason, both of these cats find my front steps the best place to be.  Really?  Really?  Is it because you know I loathe you?  Why?  Go sit on your own darn stairs.  Go meow to someone else.  I personally think it's one of the worst sounds in the world.  I think I'd even rank it worse than nails on a chalkboard.

I understand everyone is entitled to have whatever the heck pet they want, but why would you live in a condo and have a cat that is outside more than it's inside.  I just find it to be incredibly rude.

Many times now I have been literally stuck because the darn cat won't move.  It's not jumpy... it doesn't care if I stomp, yell, honk the car horn... it just stares at me.  *sigh*  This past summer I was actually stuck inside my own home.  How terrible is that?  I unassumingly opened the door, and there is Brutus charging right towards me.  I screamed at the top of my lungs (hello--PHOBIA), slammed the door as fast as I could, and called Michael.  My hands were honestly shaking and my eyes watering.  He told me to get a water bottle and spray it.  Before I did that, I banged on the door (didn't move), repeatedly opened the door a crack and slammed it shut hard (didn't budge), and yellowed at it through the window (didn't move).  The water finally worked.

Other times he is sitting on my stairs and I can't get UP to my front door.  Sometimes I have to call Michael from the car to have him get it away.

Last night I came home and was walking some trash to the dumpster.  All of the sudden I hear a little jingle jingle.  Brutus is running at me.  I start yelling no and to go away.  He still keeps coming.  I stomp.  I scream "shoo" and finally he takes off.  However, he quickly returned to me once I was back at my car.  He wouldn't move again.  He was right beside my stairs and sat there.  Michael wasn't home, so I just had to keep yelling.  Nope.  Not moving.  I started to try to walk up the stairs and he ran in front of me and blocked my path.  I screamed at full force.  Finally I started kicking the railing.  He would move a little, but was still waiting around.  It took me forever to get in my front door.  I was so mad.  Did the neighbors not hear me screaming and kicking?  I am calling the condo association today to file a complaint.  I should not be stalked by the neighbors cat.  I should be able to get in and out of my condo freely.

I also get so annoyed when people tell me that I "haven't met their cat" and "but they are so friendly".  It's a phobia people.  Why don't I take your phobia and force you to face it daily?  What is it?  Heights?  Let's sky dive.  Snakes?  Let's wrap one around your body.  Spiders?  Let's put some on your arm to crawl on you.  I don't want to meet your cat.  I don't want to hear your cat.  I don't care how friendly you think it is.  I have a fear.  That's the point.

Can you tell I'm a little heated about this?  ugh............

No comments:

Post a Comment