Monday, December 7, 2009

Gift Wrapping (Part 1)

Every year I try to get a little more creative with my gift wrapping.  Don't get me wrong... I use the easy bows just like everyone else.  But I like to go out of the box a little for some others.  It's very time consuming, or I'd probably do that all kind of funky.

Here are a few ideas for you to get started....

I did go ahead and use a bow for one of Little Man's gifts.
I "specialized" it by using a green bow.  Green is his favorite color.


I also learned a lesson last year... I've used only foil wrapping paper for the past few years.  Last year, I wrapped Little Man's gifts in that wrapping paper that is shiny on both sides.  He could not open it!!  It was awful.  I felt so bad.  It was taking him forever and he was getting a little annoyed.  This year I made sure to use actual paper wrapping paper.



I used bows for my nephew's gift.  He wouldn't have appreciated anything funky, but I did dress it up a bit by using more than one bow. (very me!)


My niece is getting a book and a gift card.  I wrapped the book and just did the typical bow thing.  However, I tried something different with the gift card.  I got a $1 tin from the dollar spot at target.  I put the gift card in and just threw some ribbon around it.  Plus, both the gift and tin are polka dot.  So cute!


This is my friend Laurie's box.
There is a gift in the wrapped box, and part of her gift is in the star.
I'm a big fan of zig-zagging the ribbon.


I picked up a few ornaments to use instead of bows.  This is my mom's gift.
(sorry about the pictures!  camera issues!!!)



I also got an ornament that was a picture frame.  I used the picture frame as the gift tag.
Snowflake paper, snowflake ornament, and snowflake ribbon.  Adorable.



This is my bosses gift.  I love this wrapping paper.  I splurged on it last year. 
The black part is actually felt.


I used some picks that I got from Michael's for 50% off.
I wrapped the bottom with ribbon and tied a bow.


More to come...

6 comments: