Friday, January 29, 2010

"Wait a Minute Mr. Postman"

Do you frequent the "dollar spot" at Target?  I do.  I rarely buy anything, but I still like to look.  Last year I picked up this adorable little mailbox around Valentine's Day.  (They have them this year too in case you want to copy this idea!)


I decorated it with some paint pens and put it in our bathroom on February 1st.  Every morning from February 1st until February 14th I put a little treasure in it for Michael.  This was essentially his Valentine's Day "gift" from me... only ended up being 14 days and 14 gifts.


I put a variety of items in the mailbox. 
Some were big, some were little, some were more expensive and some were free. 


Here's a list of just a few of the things I did (no gift was ever repeated):
  • snickers bar (one of his favorites)
  • pack of  gum
  • love letter
  • hand held poker game (he was going through a poker phase at the time)
  • handmade (by me) bookmark, laminated with a ribbon tassel
  • frappuccinos--they obviously didn't fit in the mailbox.  I left a note in the mailbox telling him to look in the fridge
  • Valentine's day boxers
  • handmade Valentine's day card
           AND MORE....

This year, due to budget cuts, I'll probably only do one week.  It will still be fun.  Plus, I have other ideas for a gift for this year.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment