Monday, January 11, 2010

Pit Stop



I don't know about you, but I'm feeling like it's time for a pit stop.  (Can you tell Little Man is into Nascar right now? :)  I've been doing this blog for about 5 months and have gone three straight months with a post every day.  Seems crazy to me that I've had that much to share!  I can honestly say that I am loving blogging more than I ever thought I would.  Like I said when I started, this is not my first blogging attempt. However, this is my first time sharing fun ideas and information instead of just telling my day to day boring-ness.  It is so much fun for me.  I look forward to every single post and am always on the lookout for new post ideas.  I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am.  (All ten of you!)

Before I started my own blog, I had been a faithful blog follower of others.  Some blogs I have been following for over two years!!  People kept telling me I should start a blog and share all my information, but I just didn't feel like I had all that much to share.  (Apparently I was wrong.)  I follow three different types of blogs--a) children related blogs, b) cooking blogs, and c) decorating/crafting blogs.  I didn't really feel like I could choose one topic as my main focus.  I don't have my own kid so I didn't want my blog to be all about someone else's child.  I don't really come up with any new recipes on my own.  I follow other people's recipes.  I like to craft and decorate, but not enough to have a blog where that is the main focus.  Sooooooo, I decided to blog about it all.  I didn't want to be confined to one genre, but rather share with you all of the things I love.  (I get claustrophobic like that!)

That brings me to the point of this post.  I want to know what you, my ever faithful readers, like to read about.  Why do you keep coming back?  What posts do you most look forward to?  What is it you'd like to see more of?  So if you'd be so kind, can you leave me a comment and let me know?  It will also help me know how many people are actually reading this thing.

Here are some choices to help you out:

  • A) The recipes--I am always in need of a good one and look for your help here. 
  • B) The kids information--I have a child or work with a child and like to use the crafts and ideas you share to brighten my child's day.
  • C) Decorating--I'm no Martha Stewart and like to get an idea or two.
  • D) The Crafts--Your ideas inspire me to break out my glue gun.
  • E) Book Reviews--I love to read and add your suggested titles to my library list.
  • F) A good find--I like all of your product reviews.  It helps me know what to look for at the store.
  • G) We are related or a personal friend--  I could care less what you write about.  I know you, so I read.
  • H) Gushing on your husband-- Because really, who doesn't want to hear about Michael? :)
  • I) Other--I enjoy reading because __________.  I wish you would write about ________.

Any other information you'd like to share is welcome.
Thanks for playing! :)

 

5 comments:

  1. I try to read your blog daily - I would like you to keep it just like it is. I LOVE the variety of kids, husbands, recipes, crafts, decorating and etc. Especially enjoy the humor. Like you, I too like variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B, C, D, and G... but I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to blogging and reading others blogs. I like the variety. Mine is full of nothing-ness and whatever in in my head at the moment. Don't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The main answer is G . . . I read it just because you are my sister!! ;-)

    But . . . I love it because of the variety & the humor you put into it! :-)

    Love ya B!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you know I enjoy the crafts, but of course to keep up with all aspects of you.
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete