Friday, January 22, 2010

List o'fun--Integrity Gymnastics

One of the main reasons I started this blog was because so many people were encouraging me to do so.  This was mostly due to my ideas and information having to do with children.  I was always telling my friends about places to go, craft projects Little Man and I did, or using my "teacher knowledge" as a reference.

I have what I call my "list o' fun".  When I became a nanny I knew I wasn't going to remember all of the fun children related places I was learning about.  So what did I do?  Made a list, of course! :)  My list is now a notebook page filled front and back and even a little in the margin.  I'm going to try to be better about featuring them on here.  Like I said in a past post, some of these are Columbus specific.  If you don't live in the central Ohio area, you may be able to use the idea and look for something similar in your area.

This week we went to Integrity Gymnastics for an open gym session.

Integrity Gymnastics is home of Olympic Silver Medalists, Blaine Wilson.
It's located at 8185 Business Way, Plain City, OH

They offer all sorts of classes, but we already attend a gymnastics class somewhere closer.  We have gone a few times for their preschool open gym.  This is available on Tuesdays from 10 to 11 and Fridays 9 to 10.  It costs $6 unless you are enrolled in a class, and then it's $3.  If you are interested in more information, you can check out their website at www.integritygym.com.

Little Man's favorite thing is the foam pit.
I think he'd spend all day in there if I let him.
There are actually two pits.
This is a gym for real gymnasts, so one pit is for the vault and one pit is for the high bars.



A little back flip anyone?
Word of wisdom to all the moms out there (and nannies)--if you jump in, you may never get out.
Trust me... I know. :)
**I have an incredibly cute picture of Little Man and I in there on one of our trips, but if I blurred out his face the picture isn't all that cute anymore** :(

It's really weird to walk on all the mats.  You expect the ground you are walking on to be hard, but it's not.
There are also random trampolines in the ground too.


When I finally pulled Little Man away from the foam pit...he wanted to hang on the rings.
There were two sets, but he HAD to use the high ones!

 

So if you have a free Tuesday or Friday morning and the weather isn't all that great outside--head over to Integrity gym for some fun.  You'll enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment