Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pesto Fish

Back when I was a part of Weight Watchers online, I collected a bunch of recipes from the community recipe swap as well as official recipes as part of the program.  Pesto Fish is one of the recipes I tried and it has become a "tried and true" in our house.  It's a very simple recipe that only needs a few ingredients.

You'll need:
1 pound of raw tilapia
1/4 cup lite mayo or miracle whip
2 Tbsp store bought pesto sauce
1/2 cup Contadina Diced Tomatoes with roasted garlic

Preheat the oven to 450.  Place fish in a single layer 13 x 9 baking dish.  Combine pesto and mayo and spread over fish.  Drizzle each piece with a row of tomatoes.  (I sometimes skip the tomatoes--it just depends.  I think it's more for "look" than flavor.)  Bake 15 minutes or until fish is flakey.

It doesn't exactly look too pretty, and it definitely doesn't photograph all that well, but I promise it is very yummy!  In fact, the last time I made it Michael said it was one of his favorite meals.
I make the same things with it every time--couscous and peas.
The fish is only 4 points, in case you are counting.

If you've never made couscous, you should try that out as well.
I've tried a bunch of different kinds, but I've found I like this kind the best
It's quick, easy, and great.  I make it with reduced sodium/fat chicken broth instead of water.

1 comment:

  1. looks amazing!! too bad my picky hubby doesn't like fish OR couscous!! sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete