Thursday, January 28, 2010

Diet Coke Chicken

Oh, I know what you are thinking... "Diet Coke Chicken?  What's that girl smoking?"  All I have to say is you need to trust me on this one.  It's a super easy, relatively "healthy", few ingredient and an absolutely yummy meal.  Honest.  Would I lead you astray?  (Your answer better be "of course not!")

Ok, so all you need is a pound of chicken, a can of Diet Coke, and some ketchup.
(Onions are optional--sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't.)
Really!!  That's it.

Start cooking your chicken in a nonstick pan.


Mix 1 12 oz can of Diet Coke with 1 cup ketchup and pour over chicken.



The recipe I read said cook about 45 minutes until the chicken is tender and the sauce is thick.  I have made this multiple times and it has never taken me 45 minutes.  I would say it takes about 20 to 25.  I guess it depends on the temperature you use.  I usually do it on medium, but I think some people simmer it on low.  It's up to you.

Once the sauce is thick, it's done.

(If you are observant you may have noticed that my 3 pieces turned to 4.  One was too thick and I had to cut it in half.  Good eye!)

The ketchup and Diet Coke magically turn into a BBQ type of a sauce.
I usually serve this over brown rice with a side vegetable.

1 pound of chicken should make 4 servings and one serving size is 4 WW points.

WAIT...

I think I can still hear you giving me excuses!!

"I don't drink diet soda.  Ever."
"I don't like Diet Coke"
"My husband doesn't like Diet Coke"
"It just sound gross to me"
"I can't cook with Diet Coke.  That's absurd"

Alright, stop your excuses.  Michael likes it.  If Michael likes it, your husband will too.  Don't tell him you used Diet Coke and see what happens.  I bet you'll both be shocked! :)  Now get cooking....

No comments:

Post a Comment