Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dee Henderson book series

You might know that one of my favorite authors is Karen Kingsbury.  I had a friend turn me on to her Redemption series about five or six years ago.  Since then I've read practically every book Karen Kingsbury has written.  All that to say... I've found a rival author.  That's right.  I've found another Christian fiction author that I like just as much (if not more) as the author of the favorite Baxter family.  (Of the few people I know who read my blog--I know you read Kingsbury, so that's why I am writing as if you know what I'm talking about.  If you don't know what I'm talking about--go to the library and get Redemption.)

Anyway, that author is Dee Henderson.  Michael and I like to listen to books on CD for our long drives.  It's hard to find a book that both of us would enjoy. We have *very* different tastes.  I found a book that sounded like it might work.  It was called The Guardian.  We listened to it on the way to and from Indiana for one of our trips.  We really liked it, so I decided to get another Dee Henderson book.  I found out it was actually part of a series.  I went back and started from the beginning.

It starts with a prequel called Danger in the Shadows

It is only slightly related to the series, but gives a good background.
Also, the writing is a little different that the actual series.

The series has mystery, family ties, romance, and an emphasis on moral values.
You MUST check it out.

The first book in the series is The Negotiator



Then it's

The Guardian



The Truth Seeker



The Protector



The Healer


and

The Rescuer



Even though I am a huge books on CD kind of girl, I recommend you read these.  The books on CD are not the unabridged versions, so parts are taken out.  I'm not sure what parts those are, I just just know it's not the complete thing.  They are the kind of books you don't want to put down, so it should take you too long to read them.  If you've never read a Christian fiction before, I suggest you start here.  It's probably not as cheesy as you think! :)


1 comment:

  1. You might try some biographies on your trips. I find that truth is stranger than fiction...
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete