Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lite Brite Review

Remember the good old days of your childhood when you sat and made pictures on your Lite Brite for hours?  Ok, so I never really had one (deprived, I know!), but I imagine that's what you would have done.  I always enjoyed playing with it at friends and families houses.  So while I was perusing the aisles of Meijer shopping for Little Man's Christmas gifts, I came across a toy I thought would be great... The Lite Brite flat screen.  They have a giant Lite Brite at our Science Museum and at the Conservatory and Little Man has enjoyed playing with them.  Sounds good right?  Well, Little Man does love it.  However, I HATE IT!  It is not like the days of old, let me tell you.  Here's what I don't like:




a) It's battery run.  You'd think this would be alright, only the light dims every three minutes and you have to keep pressing the button.  Crappy!
b) The light isn't even that bright and the paper is much thicker than I remember.
c) The clever little tray meant to hold and carry the beads in is a pain in the butt to open.  Then when you do finally get it open, you ended up using so much force that the darn things fly every where.

Oh well.  Little Man loves it and we've almost used up all the papers that come with it.  That means, either mom has to buy replacement pages or I get a break from the dumb thing. 

Moral of the story--if you see this thing while walking down the aisle of the store, go ahead and stop.  Have your nostalgic moment and then MOVE ON.  If you really want a Lite Brite for your child, find one that plugs in.  You'll be happy you did!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know. I really hate it when companies try to revamp the classic toys. They are never as good. The spirograph revamp was also a failure in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny!! :-)

    Love you!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete