Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Coasters

Alright.  This is not new.  Everyone in blog land is making these.  Literally.  Everyone.  I didn't want to be left out, so I joined the club.

I made these for my friend Jen.

 

They are really easy to make too.  Go to your local hardware store and buy some white bath tiles.  Next, take some glue or mod podge and glue on your scrapbook pieces.  Here's what I found... you need to let them dry before you add mod podge to the top.  This will help you avoid the bubbles.  It only took me three times to figure this out! :)  After they dry a little bit, add a layer of mod podge to the top.  I actually added 2 to 3 layers of mod podge.  Think: sweaty drinks are going to be sitting on these.  You want to make sure there is enough of a coat.

Then, to avoid anyone's table from getting scratched, add cork or felt to the bottom of the tile.


I would suggest letting these dry over night before trying to stack them.  After they are dry, stack them up, tie them all cute and give them away.



Along with the coasters, I gave her this cute thing I found...
Cake in a mug

(You can check out the recipe here)


1 comment:

  1. Off subject a little...did you look at Hip2Save today? (i'm so beyond addicted, btw!) You can get free Star Wars toys for Little Man since he loves them so much!! :)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete