Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cork Board Cuteness

If I had a house and unlimited funds, I'm pretty sure I would decorate with things from Ballard Designs.  I don't have a big house (yet) or unlimited funds, but my bosses do!  K LOVES Ballard Designs and I love seeing all the fun things she gets.

One of the things she's gotten in the last year is this:


The really big one!!  I like it.
We do a lot of art work and it use to be taped to the fridge, the garage door and the cabinets.
Now it's neatly arranged on the "gussied up" cork board.

The frame on the cork board makes it so dressed up, as compared to a junky or cluttered look.

Here's the product in use.

It's sort of in the corner of the kitchen.
The doors on the left are the pantry and the door on the left leads to an office.

Just a few weeks ago it was covered with fall art (remember the marble leaves?), and now it's updated to the Christmas look.  Of course, some of the things are just for any time of the year.

(I had to erase the parts that had Little Man's name.)

So if you've already gone to Ballard Designs and looked this up, I know what you are thinking.  "I can't afford to pay $150 for that!"  I'm proposing you could make it.  I'd make one to show you, but I have no kids art work to display, nor do I have the place to hang it.  Think crown molding from the hardware store and a really cheap cork board.  You can do it.  I promise.  Get going........

No comments:

Post a Comment