Sunday, January 31, 2010

In my opinion...


... people that say things like "Valentine's Day is just a hallmark holiday" or "Valentines day is for losers" are at their core insecure.  Yep.  I said it.  Insecure.  Ok, or they could just not be in love.  But that sort of boils down to being insecure too, huh?

If you are truly in love--whether you are married or not--why wouldn't you want to embrace a day to show this to your significant other?  I am constantly trying to show Michael that that I love and appreciate him... and he does the same.  I'm not saying you have to spend a ton money.  No one says you have to spend $100 to show you love someone.

I think they are insecure, because they have to have a reason why they wouldn't want to express their love, right?  Here's my theory... they are either
  • A) insecure about their relationship
  • B) insecure with themselves and their gift ideas
  • C) too cheap or insecure of how much to spend 
  • D) not sure if their significant other (mostly men) will get them something OR
  • E) they are not in a relationship and are insecure with being single
Of course, this is my opinion.  But I'm kind of sick of people trying to demean a day that simply symbolizes love.  Heck, you don't even have to be in a relationship.  How about just showing your friend you care about her and buying her a coffee?  When I was in college my sister sent me flowers, candy and a balloon.  It was so unexpected and special that it is still one of my favorite Valentine's to this day!  So next time you hear someone make a stupid decloration about our day of love, smack them kindly remind them that it's about caring and not spending money. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, B . . .

    I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you . . . :-)

    You are loved!

    ReplyDelete