Monday, January 6, 2014

Sensory Play--Snow Inside!

We got a couple of inches of snow last Thursday.  This was the perfect opportunity for a little sensory play.  So Friday afternoon, I laid out some old towels on the floor, took a break from unpacking and gave Olivia a tub full of snow and an empty tub.  I also gave her some kitchen tools to use.

The snow was a perfect mix of powdery goodness and perfect packability. :)

The first thing she wanted to do was eat it.  She liked it so much that she then didn't want to do anything else!

I had to make her stop eating and actually play.

She pretty much just transferred the snow from one tote to the other.

Then she went back to eating. :/

I made her a snowball.

I also made some of the snow purple for her.

She might have gotten some snow flung at her... :)

Trying to fling some back at me. Ha!

"It's so cold!"

Of course she just had to eat some purple snow.

She also insisted that Michael and I try some snow as well.

Even though she spent more time eating it than she did playing with it, I think she had fun.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I am totally stealing this idea next it time it snows here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE her hair that way - - sooooooo cute

    ReplyDelete