Monday, January 27, 2014

More Pinterest Recipes

I've stated before that I think it's kind of funny (as in a big fat waste of time) to just pin all sorts of stuff, especially recipes, and then never use it.  I don't tend to pin a lot, but when I do, I actually want to use that information.  When I sit down to meal plan or write out my grocery list, I like to take a look at my food board.  I have tried a few new recipes over the past few weeks.

I actually saw this recipe for loaded baked potato soup on a link up party that Kelly's Korner hosted.  I read lots of comments that people liked it.  I didn't pay too much attention to it.  I just pinned it, added the ingredients to my shopping list, and added it to my plan.
(source)
Wow!  This is about as simple as you can get.  You don't even use potatoes!  It uses frozen hashbrowns.  Needless to say, this isn't some earth shattering recipe.  But, I think I would make it again.  Olivia refuses to eat most of what I make, so she didn't even try this.  Michael and I liked it well enough.

 If you are on Pinterest at all, then surely you have seen the pin for baked ravioli.  It seemed like everyone on my list pinned the same thing!
(source)
 The popular pin that shows the whole process was actually a "broken" pin.  I hate that.  So I went to one and found the actual recipe.  That blogger found the original post, which came from Pioneer Women's Tasty Kitchen.  We liked this.  Our store had about 6 varieties of ravioli to choose from.  I let Michael choose and he picked the meat one.  Surprisingly, Olivia even ate it.  She LOVES pasta and red sauce, so that part isn't surprising.  She picked off the cheese, but actually ate the meat filled ravioli.

Next up is a slow cooker chicken parmesan soup recipe.  Michael loves chicken parmesan, so I thought I'd go ahead and try the soup version.  Plus, I am all about finding a good crock pot recipe.
(source)
I'm not actually sure it tasted like chicken parmesan, but it was still good.  Olivia was all excited to see pasta in the bowl, but then was disturbed when she realized it was in a soup. :)  I think I would make it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment