Friday, January 17, 2014

Five For Friday

 ONE

Every time we pull into the garage, Olivia says "Yay!  We're at our new house!"  I think she likes it here. :) I wonder how long she will call it our "new house".

TWO

Here is a sneak peek at a project I finished.   I'm pretty pleased.  I made the entire thing by hand, so it's not perfect by any means. I still like how it turned out though.  The entire project was less than $8.  Not bad!  We still have to buy a few of the things that are going to hang above it.  His room is probably not going to be finished before he arrives.  Poor second child. ;)

THREE
Olivia got two big sister books for Christmas.  She has been carrying them around proudly.  We have read and re-read them.  One of them is "What to expect when you bring the new baby home" or something along those lines.  She'll ask that and then answer herself with "lots of crying". Then she'll say, "Babies cry to tell us something.  I think he needs his diaper changed." :)  People are always asking us if she is ready or if she knows what is coming.  I think she knows the best she can for a 2 year old.  If you ask her if she's going to be a big sister she says "Yes. Pretty soon."  She knows his name is Logan.  She knows he is in my belly, but will be coming home soon.  She is aware of his room, his toys, and what items in our house are for him.  Hopefully it will be a smooth transition.  I was around her age when my little brother was born, and I have a very clear memory of when he was brought home from the hospital.  I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being one of her "first memories" when she grows up.

FOUR

I got my  test results back for my group B strep.  It was negative.  I wasn't expecting it to be positive, but you really just never know what can happen during pregnancy.

FIVE

I was able to visit with another dear friend this week.  We use to teach together, but she is now retired.  She is one of the most fun people I know.  She is crazy and she makes me laugh.  She's also a great listener, has good perspective on things, and is very generous.  She came and hung out with Olivia for hours.  She brought lunch and also helped fill my fridge with some freezer meals.  (My friend Laurie brought some over the other night too!  So grateful!)  I had a great time.  I taught for six years.  I taught with many different people.  Most of them were and still are in different stages of life then me.  Yet, they still are some of my most favorite people and the people that know me the best.  I haven't taught with her in 6 years (Wow! I can't believe it's been that long!). We've seen each other here and there over the last six years, but not often.  Yet she still knows me better than most people who share my blood.  That is both sad and comforting at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment