Friday, February 18, 2011

Five for Friday

 ONE
 Michael started his job at T Mobile on Monday.  He loves it!  He called me on his first break that day and said he couldn't believe how nice it was.  It is a night and day difference from working for AT&T.  First, he's starting out at top pay (which is the same as what he left AT&T making--good pay for no degree).  They have a free gym there open to use whenever.  They have relaxation rooms and game rooms for breaks.  He said all the employees look genuinely happy to be at work.  They have all sorts of incentive programs and job perks.  One thing that we are happy about is the phone discounts.  AT&T barely gave a discount.  It was something like 19% off, but not off the whole bill--just off your minutes usage or something like that.  It ended up saving only about $15 a month.  At T Mobile, it will cost $10 a line!!!  So we were paying something like $135 (that is WITH AT&T's discount) for 700 monthly minutes, unlimited text and unlimited data.  Now, we will be paying $20 a month for 2000 minutes, unlimited text and unlimited data on better phones!  Um, yes, I will take it.  Thank you Lord!  The list goes on and on, but each day this week Michael has said something like, "Yep, I still like it" or "I'm so glad I got a job here".  There is plenty of room to grow and they try to promote at least 80% from within.  They also offer tuition assistance, so that is something Michael can look into a little later down the road.  It is a huge answer to prayer.

TWO

Another answer to prayer is that insurance will start on April 1st!  For AT&T, we had to wait 6 months for insurance.  We weren't sure what was going to happen with insurance down here.  If Michael got a job that made us wait 6 months, it would be essentially no good for the rest of the pregnancy.  The insurance is suppose to be really good, and what we will have to pay each check for family insurance is minimal.  We were also worried that since I had to get to the doctor before Michael got a job--I might pick a doctor that would later not be in our network.  I really didn't want to have to switch doctors for a third time in one pregnancy.  Luckily, the doctor and hospital I chose are both in network!  Another answered prayer!

THREE

Plans are in motion for my baby shower!  Originally, we were planning on driving back to Ohio.  Unfortunately, it isn't going to work for Michael to take off of work from his new job to go.  He doesn't really want me driving that whole way by myself and I don't really want to either.  So... I will be flying to Columbus.  I just bought my plane ticket!  For those of you in town, I will be getting in on Thursday, April 14th at 12:05!  I will be in town until Monday morning.  At that point, I am going to rent a car (hopefully an SUV) and load up all my stuff.  My friend Laurie has offered to drive down to Texas with me!  Isn't she the best?! :)  We will make the road trip all day Monday and some of Tuesday.  Then she is going to fly back Tuesday night.  It will be fun to see family and friends.  I'm looking forward to it!

FOUR

The weather here has been great this week.  We went from 20's and 30's last week and 3 inch thick ice on the sidewalks to in the 70's all week this week.  I hope it stays like this.  I love wearing flip flops in February! :)  Little Man keeps asking if it's nice enough to get in the pool yet.  Ha!

FIVE

We actually have friends that are moving here!  How exciting is that?  One of the guys that Michael went to high school with just got a job down here.  I don't know if you know, but almost all of Michael's best friends are friends he made in High School.  They have remained close all these years later.  Isn't that neat?  You never see that anymore.  So this is a couple that have been in our circle of friends for the past few years.  We get along great with them.  They have two little daughters as well.  We are excited to have friends that will be so close!  Another little God thing! 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment