Monday, February 28, 2011

21 Weeks

I'm going to apologize now for the picture you are about to see!  I woke up with pretty bad back pain.  I didn't want to do anything that required me to stand or walk for a long time.  I wanted to sit in a chair that would semi support my back.  I did shower for you guys, but that's about as far as I got.  So here it is.... keeping it real! :)


How far along: 21 weeks!

Size of baby: baby is the size of a banana  
(I hope they are just talking about length.  How can you go from a cantaloupe to a banana?)

Total weight gain/loss: +12.6

Maternity clothes: mostly maternity... some regular.  I tried a few regular shirts this week that I thought would be good for a day that was suppose to be in the high 70's.  Unfortunately, they were too short.  Some of the short sleeve maternity shirts I have are still a little big in the belly, since mine isn't huge yet. I'm just mixing and matching and making it work! :)

Gender: It's a GIRL!

Movement: I think we've moved from flutters to kicks, although they aren't exactly what I thought they'd be.  I think it's because they aren't very strong yet.  Also, if they were kicks (which I'm pretty sure they were), then I think Miss Olivia is still breech.  The kicks were very low.

Sleep: Going to bed at night is my least favorite thing about being pregnant right now.  I have a hard time getting comfortable, and I get up about 4 or 5 times a night to pee.  Luckily though, even with all that, I'm still sleeping pretty good.

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach

Cravings: fruit, chocolate, anything I don't have to prepare myself! :)
Note: last week I said I was craving desserts.  I would just like to point out that just because I am "craving" these things, does not mean I am eating them all the time.  In fact, I've only had one (very disappointing) cupcake.  I did want chocolate the other night and there was none in the house.  I am, however, eating the fruit and salad!  I did make a trip to Kroger and got Dove Ice Cream bars and funfetti cake!  I think I'll be making it soon!

Symptoms: HEARTBURN AND ACID REFLUX!  These two are overtaking my life.  This baby better come out with a head full of hair like they say!!!!!! ;)  Also, my back pretty much hurts daily.  It's still low and to my right.  I woke up yesterday feeling like I unloaded a whole moving truck by myself and then it ran into me!  I don't know why, but my back pretty much ached all day.  I'm guessing this is going to be around for the next 19 weeks.  I think a pregnancy message is in the works for me!  (I've already been pricing them!)

Surprises: Even though I don't feel huge, I am already having troubles with my ever growing belly--getting out of breath faster, having trouble bending over, taking much longer to get off the couch, etc.  I thought I had some time before these things started!

Best Moment of the week: feeling a kick instead of a tickle

Fun purchases: I was all prepared to say we didn't make any baby purchases, but we ended up going to the outlet mall on Saturday.  There is a really nice indoor one that is about 20 minutes from us.  We went when friends were in town, but we didn't know if it was a boy or a girl.  I had a gift card to a maternity clothing store, so I got a few summer items.  Then we got a few baby clothes that were on sale.  Most of them were 12 months and one was even 18 months.  Who can pass up $3 fuzzy feet pajamas?  I also bought a diaper bag.  More on that later.

Milestones: I am officially counting "down"!  I've passed the half way mark and am going down hill now.  It's actually going a lot faster than I had thought.  132 days left if she's on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment