Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cran-Orange Croissant Pinwheels

Well, I have another recipe for you out of the Pampered Chef cookbook.  It's one I use to make years ago.  I made it for a baby shower, to take in to teachers on a work day, and for when company came.  I haven't made it since before we were married, but Michael remembered it and had asked for it a few times.  I finally got around to making it one Saturday morning.

Again, it's from this cookbook

Ingredients
Croissants:
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened (put in microwave for 30 seconds if necessary)
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 teaspoons orange juice
1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
(this time around I could NOT find frozen cranberries--I looked at 2 stores! So I went with strawberries)
2 packages (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
(I went shopping the day before the super bowl.  Mistake. There were hardly ANY left. I had to get the big ones.  I ended up only using one package... packed full...instead of the two shown.)

Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon orange zest
2-3 teaspoons orange juice

Preheat oven to 375*

For croissants, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, orange zest, and juice in bowl; mix until well blended.

Chop cranberries (errr...strawberries).  Michael did it for me! :)
Stir into cream cheese mix

Unroll crescent dough, separate into 16 triangles (8 in my case)
Using a small scoop, place a rounded scoop of cream cheese on shortest side of each triangle.  Starting at shortest side, roll up triangle loosely to opposite point.  Arrange rolls, pinwheel fashion and point side down onto baking stone.  (Yeah, I just rolled them... or folded them like diapers. ha!)

Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool slightly.

For glaze, combine powdered sugar, orange zest and juice in bowl.  Mix until well blended.  
Drizzle over warm croissants.
Since  I only used 8 large crescent rolls instead of 16 regular sized, they were a little overstuffed.  They were still good though.  They were a little sweeter since I used strawberries instead of cranberries.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment