Wednesday, October 14, 2009

More Visual Square Footage

Remember when I did this little change and thought it added more visual square footage?




Well.......... I did it again!

I was strolling through Home Goods with my sister and randomly came across this little hook.




It was so cute.  I loved it.  I had no idea what I would do with it.  I jokingly said that it was "a sign" because it was the only hook there and it was a 'B' for me.  I held on to it a second and started walking down the aisle a little bit farther.  Guess what I found?  An 'M'!!!!  Oh, and guess what started playing over the stereo system?  "I Saw the Sign" by Ace of Base--I PROMISE!!!






Literally, they were the only two in the entire store.  They were only $6 a piece and I HAD TO HAVE THEM.  After all, it was a sign.  I immediately started coming up with a plan in my mind.

I have a love/hate relationship with my condo.  One thing I really don't like is that we don't have a hall closet.  When you walk in our house, you are right in the living room.  There is no entry way, no good place to put coats, no place for anything!

Originally we put a coat tree there.  We thought that was the best way to accommodate all our my coats.  It worked.  It was functional and did the job.  However, I hated it!  I didn't know what else to do though.  Until I found our "I saw the sign" hooks!

Here's the before:

 
 



It's not attractive is it?

As we all know, it's best to decorate in odd numbers--specifically groups of 3.  I found this hook for 50% of at JoAnn's and decided to put it in the middle.





We Michael used our handy dandy laser thingy (that we got as a wedding gift and had yet to use) and installed them.

 
LOVE THAT MAN!
 




Unfortunately, that little guy in the middle wasn't all that sturdy.  It had a terrible hook on the back, so we had to go with plan B.  I went on a search for something else that would look good in the middle.  OH--and we made sure to put the M first.  Trust me when I say, that we do not really need you to tell us that our initials together spell BM.  We know.

So I found this one at Target.





Here's the final look...

 
 




I think this view shows you best how much it opened up the space.

BEFORE:
(sorry--thought I had a better before picture, but now I can't find it)





AFTER:



 Better, right?



1 comment:

  1. I love it! And . . . is that the clock I see on the entertainment center?! ;-)

    Ang

    ReplyDelete