Sunday, September 27, 2009

A better solution

Remember this?



























I bought this for $3 at a local street fair. I wasn't sure how I was going to use it. I was actually just holding on to it for a while. I wasn't going to do anything until we moved into a house. I got sick of waiting. I don't want to live with my life on hold...

There was a place in my kitchen that I wasn't too pleased with. It's this:




























I love our "S". I also love three tiered serving trays like the one above. But when I bought it for that space, I had no idea with was going to block my "S". It helped us a little with our storage issue, but it wasn't aesthetically pleasing to me. It was time for a change.

I used a 50% off coupon and bought some fun decorative balls. I placed them in the chicken wire pitcher. (Sorry, the picture is a little fuzzy.)



























So much better...........




























Not only does it not cover our "S" anymore, but we got an added bonus as well. It totally opens up the room. I had no idea that three tiered thing was making the space look smaller. It seemed like such an open and airy piece.

Here's a view from farther away.




















So not only is it prettier, but it added a little visual square footage as well.

2 comments:

  1. Where did the three tiered thing end up? I like what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The three tiered thing went into storage. There isn't really a nice place for it in my kitchen right now. Plus, it was cheap ($7). I'll probably just pull it out and use it for when I am entertaining... things like that.

    ReplyDelete