Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cheap and Easy Tortilla Soup

Alright, so when I first started this blog I said I'd be sharing some recipes.  This sort of "cooking" isn't really what I had in mind to share, but it's the first thing that came along for me to blog about.  I really do cook for real.... sometimes.  :)  This meal is one of those that you can use on one of those nights where you need something quick.  It's also a good rainy day recipe.  Mmmm, makes me want to curl up on the couch under a cozy blanket right now just thinking about it!  It's called Six Can Tortilla Soup.... and that's literally all it is!  It's not the thick and creamy type of tortilla soup that you would get at a restaurant, but I think it's good nonetheless.



 




 You will need:
1 can of corn, drained
1 can of chunk chicken, drained
2 cans of chicken broth
1 can of Rotel, drained---I use mild and think it's enough of a kick, but if you want it hotter you could get the spicier Rotel.
1 can of black beans (The recipe doesn't call for it to be drained, but I drain and rinse them.  It makes the soup look nicer, and that makes my husband happy!)

Throw it all in a big pot and cook until hot.  When it's ready to eat you can add cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.  Yummy!!  This makes about 4 to 6 servings, depending on how big of a bowl your family eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment