Saturday, October 31, 2009

Corn Maze Craziness

Last night, Michael, our friend Laurie, and I decided to check out one of the local corn mazes.  For those that live around here, we went to Lynd's Fruit Farm.  It's an 8 acre maze cut into a Persian Nights picture.  Here's the best picture I could find.



We went after it got dark--afterall, that's the best time to go.  We had a fabulous time. 

Laurie had never been to a corn maze before.  She was in charge of the flashlight.  She looks a little worried.


I kept telling her that "all pictures are blog-worthy".  :)  Michael was in charge of the flag.  You have to take a flag with you in case you get lost.  You hold up the flag and people who are watching from the look out tower help you out.


I wanted to be in on the action too!  I was in charge of the camera, so I had to take matters into my own hands! :)


What a stud-muffin!  I could just eat him up he's so cute!



The staff gives you a little paper map.  Throughout the maze there are podiums of facts.  On the podium is some sort of picture.  You use a crayon and make a rubbing on your map.  If you get 8 out of the 14 you get a prize.  This is Laurie doing one of the rubs.  (Again with the faces....)




Trying to get a good picture in the dark is hard.
 


Awww......
 

"I think we should go that way"


"I think we've seen this corn before"


He's scrum-dilly-ump-tious!


Ok, the lady told us that it was just "a little muddy" in the letter S area and the snake.  She lied.  Most of the maze was muddy.  My shoes kept sticking and the heels kept coming off.  I was annoyed.


 

"Where are we?"


Another walking picture...


So then we tried to get a group shot.
The first one wasn't so bad...a little squint-y from the bright flash


Let's try again... Yikes (for me at least)


Where's my mouth?





Michael was sick of smiling at that point. His face cracks me up in this one.


Well, anyway.... we had a great time.  We ended the night with a really yummy funnel cake.  We had a great fall night!

2 comments:

  1. I think most of the faces are from you catching me mid-sentence. I can't help that you're trigger happy with a camera. But it was fun, mud and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Looks like you had a blast!! :-)

    Ang

    ReplyDelete