Sunday, October 18, 2009

Can you help?

Eleven years ago I made the life changing choice to pack up, move across the country, and attend Evangel University.  Even still to this day I believe this was one of the best decisions of my life.  I am obviously still paying for this choice, but I don't regret it one bit.  Not only did I receive an amazing education in a field of my dreams, but I made some of the best friends a girl could ask for.  Throughout those four years I learned who I was as a person and who I wanted to be.  Every experience over that short period of time helped shape me into the person I am today.  One of the beautiful friendships I made there was with Lisa Russi (who we fondly refer to as Rues). 

Lisa was a freshman during my sophomore year and lived right down the hall from me.  She was/is a lot like my riduculously crazy and hilarious roommate and they hit it off right away.  That, of course, led me to being her friend as well.  The next year we even became suitemates.  For three years we "did" college together... the good times, the not so good times, floor functions, daily life, and spiritual growth.

Lisa has a heart for people.  Over time that has led her to many trips around the world and eventually a time where she lived in Bangladesh.  These people have grown to be her family, her love, and her passion.  She came back to the states for a brief time to pursue her masters degree at AGTS, but is now ready to return "home" to Bangladesh.  She is in the process of raising money to return.

I can't eloquently and efficiently describe to you what she is trying to do there or what her vision is, so I'm going to let her tell you by giving you the link to her website.  I implore you to check it out!
http://www.touchbangladesh.com/

She is partnering with Project Rescue, so you may want to check out their website as well.
http://www.projectrescue.com/

 I would ask that you prayerfully consider supporting Lisa financially if you can, but if nothing else to cover her with your prayers.  I wouldn't ask you to do anything I myself am not doing.  Michael and I have committed to supporting this important cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment