Monday, October 19, 2009

Christmas Gift # 1

Well, I told you I was going to start my Christmas shopping early, and I did just that.  A few weeks ago I had to waste some time at Meijer while waiting for some pictures to be printed (craft related to those pictures coming soon!).  I decided to roam the toy aisles looking for ideas of what to get Little Man.  Instead of getting ideas, I ended up buying all of his Christmas gifts.

Being the teacher that I am at my core, I always have to balance the gifts between fun and learning.  The first thing I found was this DVD.



I got him Leap Frog's The Letter Factory last year and he really liked.  From a teacher's standpoint, I really liked it.  When I saw this DVD I knew it would be a good addition to his collection of movies.

I also wanted to get a game.  He really enjoys playing games and they are good for him on so many different levels.  I was thinking about Candy Land or Chutes and Ladders, but ended up going with Go Fish.




They have a rather large and very well stocked pond/man made lake behind their house and he is really into fishing.  Another good match that will be fun for him, but teaching him as well. :)

So then it was time to find something fun.  He has tons of toys already and especially of the things he loves-trains, airplanes, cars, construction trucks, dinosaurs, and Star Wars.  I wanted to get something his parents might not think to get him, but that would still be enjoyable for him.  I ended up with this:



I'm sure he will have lots of fun with this and it is something new for him.

Then it was time for me to head to the book aisle.  I have to give books.  Plus, he really does love to read, which is nice.  I found two books that are right up his alley.

 







One person checked off the Christmas list, 19 more to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment