Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thinking Christmas

YES... I know it's only October.  However, I've been throwing Christmas thoughts around in my head for weeks now.

First, I've been thinking about who we need to get gifts for and what we are going to get them.  One of the reasons I am thinking about it so early is to try to start buying gifts.  My thought is, if I buy one or two gifts every pay period from here until Christmas, the funds will be spread out a little more evenly.  Both Michael and I have a December birthday, so by spreading out the spending, we won't have a broke December.  Plus, I want to make a few people their gifts this year and that will take time.  I already have lots of fun ideas, but since those people may read this blog--you'll have to wait until after Christmas to see what I make.  (Sorry!)  Also, since a few of my gifts will be of the crafty nature, I am saving money by buying supplies with weekly JoAnn's and Michael's coupons.

The other thing about Christmas is that I have to come up with a list of things I want.  Not only do I have to come up with a Christmas list, but I also have to come up with a birthday list as well.  Let me tell you---it SUCKS only getting gifts one time a year.  I have this problem every year.  There are always tons of things I really want throughout the year, but by the time Christmas rolls around I have either a) forgotten what it was I wanted so badly, or b) bought it already because I couldn't wait.

I get hit up for lists from 5 or 6 people every year and some of the requests start rolling in rather early.  I try to give everyone a different list since most of the six don't know each other, or wouldn't refer to each other when buying me a gift.  Do you see the problem?  I have been thinking for WEEKS and have come up with zero ideas.

The only idea I have so far is...... a craft room.  Do you think I'll get it?  I want a whole room stocked and extremely and cutely organized with craft supplies.  Seeing as I live in a one bedroom condo, I have a feeling I'm going to need to do a little better than that.  What are YOU asking for?  Help me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment