Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Aunt of the Year (and sister too)

My sister and I are about as opposite as they come.  We don't look alike, we don't act alike, we don't have the same taste, and we don't have the same skills.  Admittedly, my sister got a lot of the "good" genes.  One gene (or probably gift, because I don't think it was passed on to me) that she didn't get that I did was being crafty.  She doesn't have a crafty bone in her body.  She will be the first to admit that she isn't very creative.  So when she was told she had to make a tennis scrapbook for her daughter for awards night, she promptly turned to me to rescue her.  She knew that if she made it, it would most likely be the worst looking scrapbook at the entire event and she didn't want her daughter embarrassed.  What a nice mom! 

So I was enlisted.  We set up a Sunday afternoon for me to come over and help make the scrapbook.  My lovely sister, being the clever one that she is, called me three different times telling me that she had no supplies and to "bring my crazy scissors".  (Ah... you just gotta know my sister to appreciate that!)  The coach had given her a few scrapbook pages, some stickers, and a binder to put it all in.  I went shopping for extra supplies, packed my gym bag full of supplies--including my "crazy scissors"--and headed to my sisters.  I sat down, got to work, and ended up with this.....



 Working hard... notice my lunch waiting patiently for me.  I was f.o.c.u.s.e.d.
 

 

 

(Sorry--my sister sent me these pictures because I forgot my camera.  I tried and tried to flip this picture, but because of the format it was sent in, I couldn't figure it out.  You get the idea though! :)
 
I added glitter to these pages with puffy paint, but it's hard to tell in the pictures.  It turned out super cute.






 

 

 

 

 

 

All in all, I was at my sister for 5 hours.  I ate lunch, did a little chit chatting, and rocked out 13 pages for my beautiful niece.  I'm pretty sure she had the best scrapbook of the night. (Or at least that's what I like to tell myself!)  Man, are my sister and niece lucky or what?  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Man . . . are they ever lucky!! ;-)

    Love you B!!

    Ang

    ps . . . Thank you Thank you Thank you! (for the 50th time) You ARE the best!

    ReplyDelete