Thursday, June 9, 2011

Yesterday's Doctor's appointment

I know you've all be on the edge of your seat waiting to hear about yesterdays doctor's appointment! :)  The good thing is, I was not put on bed rest.  I just have to keep doing what I've been doing--no sodium, drink lots of water, and put my feet up as much as possible.

Here's the scoop:
  • My blood pressure was 138/86.  Just so you don't have to scroll through old posts to see what that means... the top number went down (from 144 last time), but is still considered high for me.  The bottom number went up (from 80).  I recently found out that the bottom number is more of a concern than the top number and that if it goes over 100 that is a serious danger zone!
  • I had to lay on my left side again.  The nurse came back in about 10 minutes and it was 107/72 (I told you I have low blood pressure normally!)
  • The nurse practitioner said that as long as it goes down when I lay on my left side (and I don't get any other symptoms like headaches that don't go away or blurry vision), then we are in the clear.  She said it becomes a concern when I lay on my side and it doesn't go down.
  • No protein in my urine, so that's good!
  • I am measuring at 40 weeks.  I am 35 1/2 weeks, so I stayed at 4 1/2 weeks ahead.
  • Olivia's heart rate was in the 150's, which is good.
  • I was tested for Group B Strep and will find out if I have that in a few days (which, for those of you who aren't familiar or haven't had kids recently, is very common for the mom to have--it just means that you are put on antibiotics during labor)
  • I had my first internal exam.  First she said I wasn't dilated at all, but then she said maybe a fingertip.  My cervix is still thick and long, but starting to soften.  She said I might be about 50% effaced.  Olivia is still high.  I didn't think she had dropped yet.
As of right now it looks like things are still on track for the induction.  My next appointment is June 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment