Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dr.'s Appointment

It's official... I'm on strict bed rest.

The appointment went as follows:
  • I got my blood pressure taken and it was 138/100.  Yeah... the bottom number was HIGH.  I had to lay on my left side for ten minutes (like the last 3 appointments).
  • My blood pressure then went down to 128/74.  Better...
  • My doctor came in and said I was pretty much on bed rest.  She said I could shower and make myself a sandwich, but that was about it.  I got permission to go to my hair appointment (today), but after that she doesn't really even want me leaving the house.
  • I can't even sit on the couch with my feet up... I pretty much have to be laying.
  • She considered moving my induction up, but decided to let me wait it out and see.  My next appointment is on Wednesday.  She will decide then if I go in on Friday for the induction or wait until Tuesday as planned.
  • I didn't have an internal this time.  She is going to do one on Wednesday.  If everything is still on schedule for the Tuesday induction, she will decide if I come in Monday night for cervadil or Tuesday morning and go straight into pitocin.
  • I am measured at 38, which is 2 cm less than last time.  That is because Olivia has started dropping.  I started feeling weird pressure and movements on Thursday night.  I think that's when she started dropping.  Once they start dropping, there is less baby to measure, which is why your measurement goes down.
  • She felt my stomach and pointed out the head and it was pretty low.
  • We got some questions answered about video taping, picture taking and having a birth plan.
  • I did another pre-eclampsia blood draw.  That is also going to weigh in on whether or not I go for the induction on Friday or Tuesday.
That's pretty much the scoop.  Thankfully most everything is done.  Michael is going to step in and help out with Little Man as much as possible.  Luckily it's only for a week.  Nana and Papa are arriving on Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment