Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dr.'s Appointment

(Written Wednesday afternoon)

Most of you already know, but for those of you who don't... I am currently in the hospital being induced.

I went to my doctor's appointment on Wednesday morning.  My blood pressure was 128/88, which I thought was good.  Apparently the nurses and doctor didn't, because I heard them talking about it in the hall.  She had me lay down and then came back in to take it and it was 128/86, so it didn't go down much after laying down.

I did a non stress test and Olivia was moving all over the place.  Both the nurse and doctor said (at separate times) how "happy" she was.  Michael and I thought it looked like she was trying to kick of the monitor. :)

My doctor came in and checked me.  I was 2 cm, but my cervix was still thick.  She asked me how I felt about having a baby tomorrow.  That wasn't in my box of options, so it took me off guard for a moment.  I told her that I was ready, so if she thought that was best then I was fine with that.

She said there was protein in my urine. So I went from no protein a few appointments ago, to traces of protein last time (which I didn't know about), to +1 this time--or something like that.  She said that I was basically 38 weeks and she felt good about delivering a 38 week old baby.  She said she'd rather get me delivered now, since we know where things are headed, then wait until next week and then I get sick (because of preeclampsia) and have complications.

We were told to arrive at the hospital at 10 o'clock Wednesday night to get a cervix ripening medication.  Depending on how that goes, I will be given pitocin in this morning to get things rolling.

I have a blog scheduled for tomorrow.  After that, I'm not sure when I'll be on here.  I hope to get pictures of Olivia up as soon as possible! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment